Wishing you all a happy and glorious International Fairy Day!!
'...Fairy Day is a holiday sprung from the imagination of a fairy artist and believer, and brought to life with the help of many of her talented friends and fellow fairy lovers. With the world enjoying a surge of interest in all things fairy, we feel that now is the perfect time to introduce a yearly holiday to celebrate the fae. This holiday is for everyone who believes in the magic of fairytales. It is for those imaginative souls who dare to dream impossible dreams. It is for the children of the world, wide eyed and open to the magic that surrounds them. It is for adults too, who long to capture a bit of that magic they remember from thier own childhood. Please join us in supporting this wonderful holiday...' www.fairyday.com
How divine is this cake for the faeries!
- Read favourite fairytales and dress up as your favourite characters
- Bake and decorate fairy cakes
- Have a fairy tea party
- Make an offering of sweet treats and milk for the faeries at the bottom of your garden
- Create a fairy garden
- Collect natural treasures such as seed pods, bark, twigs, leaves, rocks, pebbles and shells to add to your fairy garden
- Paint and draw pictures of the faeries and fae realm
- Paint and decorate pebbles and stones for your enchanted fairy garden
- Go for a walk through the forest or your local botanical gardens to admire the beauty of nature
- Play, listen and dance to beautiful instrumental music such as harp or flute (other favourites are Enya and Lisa Gerrard).
- Create a fairy circle of petals and leaves in the garden